Women In Parking is dedicated to promoting the advancement and achievement of professional women by providing networking, leadership, career outreach and support opportunities to its members.
Read previous WIP Matters issues online.
WIP Mentorship Program
• Our Linked In Group Forum to review past posts or
• Our website – https://womeninparking.com/
Member Company Updates & Other Member News
WIP Members continue to shine and make their marks throughout the industry.
• Julianne Wilhelm Promoted to Marketing Manager at Flowbird. Julianne joined Flowbird (previously Cale America and Parkeon) in October of 2017 as Marketing Coordinator, responsible for creating the proactive marketing strategy for Cale’s organizational goals. She served as the right-hand to the National Sales team, organizing successful tradeshows, conferences and branding of the organization to its customers and prospects.
• Christina Murray has been promoted to General Manager at Premier Parking. Christina has climbed the ranks of Premier since hired in 2015 as an Account Specialist, receiving promotions to Senior Account Manager, Operations Manager, and now General Manager of Premier’s Austin, TX market. With her top-notch client relations and leadership skills, Christina is focused on growth, service, and development of our Austin team & operations. Christina has been in the parking industry for 8 years, earned her CPP credentials in 2016, and was a member of the NPA 40 under 40 2017 class.
Other Member News
• LAZ Parking Welcomes New Wellness Coach; Expands Wellness Team Hartford, CT / August 16, 2018"Downtown Everything Is Waiting For You"
At LAZ Parking, we believe in creating opportunities for our employees that help them grow both professionally and personally. One way we do that is by investing in their health and well-being.
• Ace Parking launches fifth year for PARK FOR PINK campaign and adds TEAL. San Diego, CA, September 1st, 2018
Ace Parking’s award-winning PARK FOR PINK campaign kicks off its fifth consecutive year of raising awareness and generating funds to aid in the fight against cancer.
• Prestige Valet & Parking of Oklahoma is pleased to share our service support of Project 31.
Project 31 is a faith-based organization. It was founded by 2-time survivor, Sarah McLean.
Breast cancer leaves more than the physical marks of the body. Often, women experience emotional and spiritual wounds that are not visible to the others. This community group is built "by survivors for survivors."
• Company invests in mobility platform to help cities manage parking, scooters and rideshare services
Passport upgrades mobility platform with $5M investment
Charlotte, N.C. (September 18, 2018) — New modes of shared transportation, from ridesharing to dockless scooters, hold promise for improving how citizens move around their cities, but cities across North America need new tools and systems to effectively manage these emergent modes of transportation.
• Passport brings traffic management platform to the UK
Originally posted on ITS International in September 2018.
UK drivers ‘rack up’ more than £570m in fines each year, according to an independent study conducted by US mobile payment company Passport. The firm has opened an office in London and is offering a platform, which it says aims to boost traffic management in cities.
• A Parking Pro on a Roll. Literally.
Originally posted on International Parking Institute in July 2018
Jaime Omps fell into parking after a move to Charlotte, NC, with her spouse earlier this year. The events professional began working in events marketing for Passport and soon, like so many before her, discovered that the parking industry is fascinating, fast-paced, and full of supportive people. That last part became crystal-clear when her colleagues found out Omps had another life before—as a roller derby champion.
• SpotHero Partners with Waze and the City of Chicago to Guide Drivers Through Chicago's Tangled Streets
Together with Waze and the City of Chicago, SpotHero has installed 400+ Waze beacons along 5 miles of underground roads, relieving confusion and stress caused by GPS blackouts on Chicago's multi-level streets.
• SpotHero Parks $10.1M From Prior Investors To Extend Series C
SpotHero, a Chicago-based company that operates the largest parking reservations marketplace in North America, recently closed $10 million in funding – all sourced exclusively from existing investors.und out Omps had another life before—as a roller derby champion.
• PARKCLOUD AND Q-PARK LEAD UK PARK(ING) DAY CELEBRATIONS
Leading online parking reservation leader, ParkCloud, and European parking operator, Q-Park, are celebrating their success as two of the UK’s leading pioneers of the PARK(ing) Day initiative, following the culmination of their successful CSR project.
Submitted By Astrid Ambroziak, Editor at ParkNews.biz
“Design Downtown For Women – Men Will Follow” by David Feehan, Drew McLellan, Sheila Grant, Carol Becker …
David Feehan is curious: What makes some downtowns thrive while others need immediate resuscitation? Who designs downtowns? What are the colors of downtowns? Are downtowns destinations for shopping, meeting, entertainment, dining and night life every day of the week or do they evolve only revolving around nine to five, Monday through Friday schedule? What makes some downtowns healthy and full of life? What attracts people to downtowns?
Letter From Our Leaders
Ruth Beaman, Exec Dir
Keep a look out for the November edition of Parking Today Magazine – The Women in Parking issue! Parking Today has graciously offered to donate 10% of all advertising sales to WIP! The November issue is chock full of members’ stories and insights. This edition concentrates on Women in Parking/Human Resources, Training and Professional Development Management, Consultants and Diversity. You can get the online edition here: https://www.parkingtoday.com/
View a complete list of 2018 events online
Women in Parking would like to thank and recognize our 2018 Corporate Sponsors