Women In Parking is dedicated to promoting the advancement and achievement of professional women by providing networking, leadership, career outreach and support opportunities to its members.
Read previous WIP Matters issues online.
Member Company Updates & Other Member News
WIP Members continue to shine and make their marks throughout the industry.
• Impark’s Polar Plunge for the Special Olympics On February 2nd, Impark’s Washington D.C. team will be “Freezin for a Reason”! For the seventh consecutive year, we’re participating in the Polar Plunge to help raise funds for the Special Olympics.
The team goals is to raise $5,000 for this incredible cause before we “take the plunge”. Thank you for your time and generosity! https://give.specialolympicsdc.org/team/204197
• New Faces of Legacy Parking in Houston! Legacy Parking Company were delighted to welcome Della Mullan (new WIP member) and Carlton Jordan to their Houston operations. Read More
• Parker Technology has a new girl on the block, Heidi Barker Heidi Barker just joined the Parker Technology team as the Director of Marketing. Heidi comes with 6 years B2B marketing experience, formerly in the concrete construction industry. Read More
Other Member News
• Original 1960’s Parking Meter Joins the National Museum of Sweden January 8th, 2019
The National Museum of Sweden has reopened after a 5 year renovation and with it, a Cale (now Flowbird) single-space parking meter proudly on display.
• iParq Releases Handheld License Plate Recognition Technology
Parking technology innovation leader iParq introduced the world to Green.
• 4 Reasons Why Networking is a Must Even When Business is Booming
The economy is booming. The phone won’t stop ringing. Deadlines abound and there is a constant stream of work coming down the pipeline. Does that sound familiar? Read More
• ParkMobile app recently surpassed the 12 million user mark
With the turn of the new year, ParkMobile, the leading provider of smart parking and mobility solutions in North America, proudly hit 12 million users.
• What is Parksmart?
Parksmart Certification is a performance sustainability and recognition tool for new and existing parking garages. Read More
• A Groundbreaking Parking and Mobility Project for the Calgary Parking Authority
On December 12, 2018, The Calgary Parking Authority broke ground on a brand new, incredibly innovative, multi-use structure. The mobility-centric project is a mixed-use development offering vehicle and bicycle parking, plus an innovation centre, all at the gateway into downtown Calgary. Read More
• WGI IS READY TO EXPAND ITS TEXAS FOOTPRINT; ACQUIRES BIG RED DOG
National design firm WGI is pleased to announce it acquired Texas-based BIG RED DOG, INC. (BRD), a firm with a reputation in the industry for intelligent disruption, and a leading provider of civil, MEP, structural, traffic, and transportation engineering for public and private clients. Read More
Awakening the Tom Sawyer Effect in Each of Us:
Book review of Daniel H. Pink’s “Drive” by Astrid Ambroziak, Editor ParkNews.biz, Parking Today Media
It is 1996. You are given a crystal ball to predict the future. There will be two new encyclopedias. You have to forecast which will be more successful by 2011. The first encyclopedia is from Microsoft. Microsoft founds this encyclopedia. It hires the best professional writers and editors to create the best articles on myriad topics. Read More
Letter From Our Leaders
Marcy Sparrow, WIP Chair
- March 12th 11AM -2:30 PM
& 6:00 PM- 8:00 PM,
- March 13th 11 AM-3 PM.
Our annual conference planning is underway, and details will soon be announced. The conference will be in Orlando in conjunction with the NPA show October 2019.
A Glance Ahead
What's Ahead in March
3/6 – Get Ahead
Save the date for our first webinar on how to stay ahead of the curb with your career!
3/8 – We Open Our Doors
All about WIP & NPA online at weareparking.org
Let's Meet Up: WIP Selfie booth at PIE.
3/21 – Let’s Chat
Town Hall call & Q&A for WIP members.
View a complete list of 2019 events online
Women in Parking would like to thank and recognize our 2019 Corporate Sponsors