Women In Parking is dedicated to promoting the advancement and achievement of professional women by providing networking, leadership, career outreach and support opportunities to its members.
Read previous WIP Matters issues online.
2018 Women in Parking Conference
• Our Linked In Group Forum to review past posts or
• Our website – https://womeninparking.com/
Member Company Updates & Other Member News
WIP Members continue to shine and make their marks throughout the industry.
• Passport - When the old meets the new, who will thrive?
This article was originally published on Parking Today
It was more than 70 years ago that the first parking tickets were issued for expired meters and parking violations. Formal enforcement of parking laws changed the game for parking. Parking enforcement officers walked around, observed expired meters or other parking violations, pulled out their notepads and wrote a ticket. Read More
• Metra commuters and Chicagoans have used PassportParking® and ParkChicago apps over 40 million times
Apps make getting around Chicagoland easier, more convenient and faster
Chicago, Ill. (April 3, 2018) — If the 20th century is considered the century of the automobile, then the 21st century will evolve with citizens at the helm of how they commute through a variety of innovations in transportation. Read More
• Alan Lazowski Elected to Board of Directors of the NAACP
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) announced that Alan Lazowski, Chairman and CEO of LAZ Parking, has been elected to the NAACP Board of Directors. Alan founded LAZ Parking in 1981 while attending the University of Connecticut. Today, LAZ is the second largest parking and transportation company in the nation, with over 11,500 employees managing revenues in excess of $1.4 billion and operating 2,750 parking locations in 30 states throughout the country. Read More
• Parker Video Intercoms Expands Headquarters to New Office in Indianapolis. (INDIANAPOLIS, April 5, 2018) Parker Video Intercoms is pleased to announce they have moved their headquarters to The Stutz Business Center in Indianapolis, IN. This move allows the growing 24/7 Parking Call Center to accommodate rapid growth and future expansion plans. Read More
• Walter P Moore - Midtown, a historic Houston neighborhood experienced a major decline in the 1980s and 90s. Midtown Redevelopment Authority was subsequently formed and shortly thereafter birthed the idea of Midtown Park and Garage to revitalize the area. Walter P Moore was chosen to the lead this important and highly complex project. Read More
Book Review: 'Lost Wyoming'
The Jigsaw Puzzle of Unfolding: A Book Review of Lost Wyoming, A Novel by Debra Snider
Submitted By Astrid Ambroziak, Editor at ParkNews.biz
“You will receive everything you need when you stop asking for what you do not need” – Nisargadatta Maharaj
I love picking up a book in the early evening and vow to read just for a bit to relax. To escape. To get out of my own way. Only to have this book keep me up till 4 am because I must know what happens. I must know how it all unfolds. I must know how all these pieces of a jigsaw puzzle fit.
A few weeks ago, I had a pleasure of finding such a book in Debra Snider’s “Lost Wyoming” novel. I heard it said many times that fiction is often more real than the real life. Perhaps it is so when the author has courage to be transparent with her feelings, her emotions, her questions and her opinions. Read More
Letter From Our Leaders
Ruth Beaman, Exec Dir
Women in Parking would like to thank and recognize our 2018 Corporate Sponsors